Saturday, August 29, 2009

Something new for Grandma...

Sorry it's been so VERY long. In my defense, I tried to log on a couple times this summer but couldn't find my blog-I thought they'd deleted it because of inactivity!

But, I found it! So here goes...

Nola said the cutest thing today. We were reading a little "guess the occupation" book to Jack, and the poem went like this...

"Guess who...
Makes mealtimes a treat
when you go out to eat?"

And Nola said-"Mom?"

Isn't she sweet? The funny thing is, this is the kid who says the only foods I cook that she likes are Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup and milk. Guess I'm a gourmet...

We had our first soccer games today-I can now officially call myself a soccer mom. A PROUD soccer mom! To be honest, I thought I might be bored-you know how much I know about soccer. But it was SO exciting! Dalton's game was at 8AM (wicked, huh?) and we peeled ourselves out of bed after a late ward activity last night to watch. He was so awesome. Grandpa Hoss (guess I just picked that up from Kim's blog :P) came and watched too (though Grandma and Grandpa were both making dinner for 1000 people-I kid you not!). It was so much fun. Dalton is much better than I expected (that sounds bad, doesn't it?); I was worried because this was his first year and the other kids all have more experience. But he was great-he even scored a goal! What a kid! Grandpa says he's really aggressive and has a sense of where the ball is going to be. He gets that from me (wink, wink). He played goalie the last quarter and I was totally waiting for some awesome blocks like his dad, but his team was too good. He just sat down there and got bored!

Nola's game was really fun, but in an entirely different way! First of all, poor Nola had to wait out the first quarter of the first game on the sidelines. Poor girl! But she was a trooper! Then she got in and went after it. But you know Nola, she couldn't just RUN after the ball. That would be boring! She was so excited she livened up her running with periodic ballet leaps. And we didn't have a video camera. That purchase just moved right to the TOP of my priority list!

And what got our kids so pumped? Family tradition-we listen to "La Copa de la Vida" on the way to games. The kids are already learning the chorus! It's so awesome to see them shouting "TU Y YO! ALE ALE ALE! GO GO GOL! ALE ALE ALE!" Lucy can't WAIT to play next year!

And now Grandma, for your birthday, which I forgot to call on (what a slacker daughter-in-law)! Pictures!

Jack is just so cute! I want to put up a ton of pictures of him-he's growing so fast!




But Lucy is never to be outdone. Don't you just love her little hip? SO Lucy!




And my Nola is just the sweetest! Also, she is a monkey bar champion. She get blisters under her blisters! We had to buy horse bandages to wrap her hands!




And finally Dalton-this kid is moving so fast he's hard to catch a picture of. First, you can see that nothing "bugs" this guy...



And who else would (try) to make a purple shower cap look cool? :P

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

OH I LOVE IT!!!!!! You brought a smile to my face, which today is quite an accomplishment. Thank you. I love the pictures, I love the commentary. Soccer games start for us in a couple weeks (Ethan and I are both coaching-Jo and Le's teams) I'm excited, but already wishing that we weren't doing it. I'm tired enough as it is.

Grandma Hoss said...

I LOVED IT TOO! The pictures are great, your comments are funny and heart warming. Thank you, thank you, thank you.