Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School 2011

It's that time of year again!   Back to School (the maternal crowd goes wild)!

I love this time of year-it's when I really make resolutions and change things up and organize and generally try to improve myself.  

It also helps that I have a few less little people around my house.  But I do miss them; they're so darn cute!


This is Lucy's first FULL day of school.  She was so excited she leapt out of bed this morning.  The excitement didn't really translate in this photo.  I had to hurry; shockingly, we were running late.  


Nola had a new teacher this year after two years of the wonderful Miss Rosalie.  When everyone partnered up today to learn something about someone in the classroom, she got her teacher.  They became good buds and they both have the same favorite color (blue).   


I think this guy is just too cool for school-or at least, too cool for before school photos.  He tried to dodge the camera all day long!  He has the same teacher again, the fabulous Mr. Brinkerhoff.  Dalton loves him.  He even gets to sit on a yoga ball instead of a chair in his classroom.  How cool is that?



We tried for silly faces-which we didn't really achieve fully with this one, but Nola looked so cute I threw it in anyway.   


This was a little sillier (Nola's crossing her eyes).  I think Dalton is getting tired of all this juvenile behavior.


This part always makes me a bit teary.  




I had lunchroom duty today, which is always fun because I get to see the kids and get to know their friends.  Of course, Jack enjoys lunch with the big kids too.   


He's growing up way too fast. 


This is Nola with her good friends Sophia and Lilly.  Everyone always thinks I'm Sophia's mom, not Nola's.  And now you know which one is Sophia.   


Isn't she gorgeous?


I just love this because it's how they always look-all chattery and excited, although Nola is unusually focused on her food.


I barely managed to get pictures of Dalton because he kept dodging me (twerp).  His friends kept warning him every time I picked up the camera (twerps).


He did slow to a walking pace so I could snap this one.  There's even kind of a smile.  Blurry victory!


But it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows.  There was also some vomit.  

Poor Lucy puked right before lunch recess (kind of nice that I was already there cleaning, right?).  She isn't sad because she felt sick; she's upset because I made her come home on her first day.  


Jack felt her pain. 


So we went for kiddie cones at McDonalds to cheer them up.  

The end.

2 comments:

Grandma Hoss said...

Adrienne you made the 1st day of school wonderful for the kids and the friends and family that got to be apart of the 1st day through pictures and stories. Thank you. You are the best. I love, love, LOVE, LOVE ALL OF THE PICTURES.

Love Mom Holliday

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow. You are an amazing mom. I took pictures of the kids before they got on the bus and as they got on the bus and then... gave them all a big hug when they got home. :) What a fun first day (aside from the vomit) poor Lucy! I can't believe how mean you are. ;)