Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Forensic Files


On the day of all days (last Friday), I had no working tub, vomiting children (hence the sink-bath), the fridge water line broke, Dave had my car (his wouldn't start), and then Jack pooped all over the bathroom while I was checking out the fridge.  Awesome.   


To top it all, I went to upload pictures to the computes and found that my camera was, well, damp.  Today I pulled the pictures off of the memory card (intact, yay!) and found that the small child who drowned my camera had documented the event.  Ha.  

 This is the washcloth over my kitchen faucet.  Took me a minute. 


And the descent into murky oblivion.  Poor, poor camera.  



On the bright side, this happened the week of my birthday, so when my dad asked what I wanted, I knew JUST what to say.  This is my shiny new toy.  :)  I know it's not super-fancy, but it's LOTS nicer than my old one (which pre-dated Lucy).  

Sometimes it's all about the silver lining.  

2 comments:

Grandma Hoss said...

Way to go Adrienne! Love the new camera. Hopefully Jack won't give this one a bath. Love the post. Jack looks nice and clean. If you hadn't told the story first I would have never guessed that he had up chucked or pooed all over the place. Sorry you had such an awful day. But happy that all turned out ok.

Love you tons. Mom Holliday

Kim-the-girl said...

Seriously, that's a pretty good silver lining... but... that is a really stinky sort of day. Literally.