Yes, I do occasionally take pictures. And even more rarely, I post them. Here are the long overdue pictures of our Valentine's Day Crafts.
First, Jack, who did not make any Valentine's cards, but generously helped the kids eat their candy.
Next, Lucy's Valentines, which gave us some good giggles. I'm actually rather proud of these.
Aren't they fun?
Next, Nola's butterflies. They were supposed to have heart shaped wings, but the girls were creative. They don't get that from me.
I got an action shot of her passing them out during the class party. Don't you just love her festive headband?
We made "monster bags" for the party (which I was in charge of). They were supposed to turn out pretty much like this purple monster. This is the only one out of 25 that actually looked like this.
True to form for crafting with kids, most of them looked more like this next shot. We had a wide variety, but I couldn't get pictures of them all because I was too busy trying to attach eyeballs. The kids were REALLY creative. Some even had tiger stripes. It was awesome.
And finally, Dalton's valentines. By the time we were done, these may have been my favorite of all.
Isn't he suave?
Also, I didn't get pics, but some cute guy surprised me with roses, candy, and pamper-y bath things. It was lovely.









5 comments:
I love the pictures and the tale that went with them. I hope that Dave doesn't get too jealous of some cute guy giving you gifts on Valentines! Believe me when I say,"he didn't get that from watching his dad." Dad told me when we first got married that Valentine's day was just another day and he wouldn't be celebrating it.
Love Mom Holliday
You are so fun. ALL of my kids just got those fruit by the foot things this year. I'm totally lame, but I figured no one cared but me if we did something cute, so why force my kids to do it? However, Lucy's are flippin' awesome... I may be stealing your idea this next year. Thanks for sharing.
Grandma, Dave has the same philosophy toward Valentin's Day (truthfully, I kind of do too). That was what made it such a surprise!
Kim, I will send you the pictures I made and you can just add in your kids faces. They were really fun!
*Valentine's Day. I hate it when I do that!
So he is his dad's son. But at least he surprised you one time. I am still waiting for dad to surprise me on Valentine's day. I use to do things for the kids & dad when the kids were little. (sugar cookies, cakes etc. and of course cards.) But I never did anything like those adorable bags & homemade cards.
Love you Mom Holliday
Post a Comment